Wednesday, August 20, 2008

10 Questions With Sean Salmon

10 Questions With Sean Salmon (by Darrick Patrick)

Sean Salmon is a professional mixed martial artist who has competed in organizations such as the Ultimate Fighting Championship, King Of The Cage, Strikeforce, Fight Festival, Hardcore Championship Fighting, North American Allied Fight Series, International Fighting Organization, Legends Of Fighting, Xtreme Fighting Organization, Diesel Fighting Championships, Full Force Productions, and Hammer House Cage Fighting. At the time of this interview, his next scheduled match is against Mitch Whitesel at the NAAFS Columbus Night of Pain 4 on September 19th, 2008.

Darrick: What was the journey that led you to professional mixed martial arts competition?

Sean: I started as an amateur wrestler. UFC veteran Rex Holman was one of my coaches at Ohio State and was helping me quite a bit with my freestyle wrestling career when he decided to try MMA. I was one of his workout partners and fell in love with it. I had my first fight after one month of training and realized that I enjoyed mixed martial arts more than wrestling.

Darrick: Any words of advice for other individuals looking to train in MMA?

Sean: Get the right coaches, take your time, and develop all of the necessary skills. I did nineteen fights in twenty-four months right out of the gate. In hindsight, that might not have been the way to do it.

Click here to read the rest of the interview on livejournal.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home