Sunday, August 17, 2008

The MMA News Interview with Brett "The Grim" Rogers


Originally Posted by the theMMAnews.com

Those people who follow MMA know who EliteXC rising star Brett”The Grim” Rogers is, but more mainstream viewers regard him as the man that got into Kimbo Slice’s face and called his performance “garbage.” With all the media attention, one can overlook the 8-0 record Rogers has amassed with 4 KO’s, 3 TKO’s and a submission due to strikes. The heavy-handed hitter recently had time to do an interview with The MMA News, here it is:

The MMA News: How’s your training going, and are you going to have a fight coming up or not?

Brett Rogers: As of right now, still up in the air. I want October, but they want to go another direction. I’m not sure.

The MMA News: Is your contract exclusive to EliteXC?

Brett Rogers: Right now it’s exclusive for one more fight, then everything will be open. I’m hoping for an extension.

The MMA News: How have you found the change of leadership at EliteXC with Gary Shaw and Doug Deluca?

Brett Rogers: Gary was good with Gary. Now that Jeremy’s taken over it’s still good.

The MMA News: Are you able to financially do MMA all the time, or do you have to supplement your income?

Brett Rogers: Eat, drink and live MMA. It can always be better financially, but as an up and comer I can’t complain.

The MMA News: Have you been talked to death about the potential October fight with Kimbo Slice?

Brett Rogers: Absolutely, without a doubt.

The MMA News: Do you find the media carries a negative slant. In the case of Kimbo Slice did you find the media “sensationalized” the situation or did they call it “straight”.

Brett Rogers: I’m half and half. He had every right to say whatever, but at the same time the media pushed it a bit. I learned that if you don’t have that “fame” you kind of have to be silent, but I’m going to break that code.

The MMA News: If you don’t fight Slice, will you be looking at Antonio Silva?

Brett Rogers: I don’t think that will be my next fight, but I’m looking at one or two more fights and then I’ll go for the title. I want the belt, but if anybody deserves the belt right now it’s him.

The MMA New: Regardless of weight, which fighter are you most impressed with?

Brett Rogers: GSP is my inspiration. If I can fight like him for as long as him, I’m doing fine. My goal is to be top 5, not top 10.

The MMA News: How’s the ground game?

Brett Rogers: I’ve been working on it quite a bit. I was planning on giving “Mr. I don’t tap out” a suprise. He was going to tap that night for sure.

The MMA News: Let us know about your sponsors.

Brett Rogers: Without my sponsors it would be very hard for me to do what I’m doing. My sponsors are Hitman Fight Gear, PPM(Pure Power Mouthguards), Big Black Security, Rockstar Energy Drink, VAS(Victory Amongst Soldiers).

The MMA News: The MMA News would like you to give the last word, first to the fans, and then to your next opponent.

Brett Rogers: For the fans, please believe I’m going to bring the KO’s to the fight, and for my enemies you better watch out, I’m coming for you.

The MMA News, Interview.

Click here to see this article and more at theMMAnews.com website

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home