Monday, August 18, 2008

Post Injury, Anthony Johnson Plans Return



Originally posted by MMAweekly.com

Fresh off of a knockout victory over Tommy Speer in April, Anthony Johnson seemed to have the upper hand towards a decision victory against Kevin Burns at the July 19 UFC Fight Night. With just 90 seconds left in the fight, however, he suffered an inadvertent poke to the eye that went unnoticed by referee Steve Mazzagatti, but left Johnson on the losing end of a TKO with a detached retina.

Johnson has since undergone surgery to repair the injury. “I had laser surgery to reattach my retina and I got stitches in my eyeball right now,” he recently told MMAWeekly.com. “The laceration on my eye was from one end of my eye to the other.”

Johnson’s manager, Ken Pavia of MMA Agents, has been working on an appeal of the outcome, but Johnson doesn’t seem to let the result faze him all that much.


Click here to read the rest of the article on MMAweekly.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home