Friday, August 22, 2008

"Questions with Kalawi" Joe Riggs


Posted by Joe Kalawi - Intern at MMA Agents.

As an intern with MMA Agents, I've had the opportunity to immerse myself in the world of mixed martial arts. My experience with the company has allowed me to demonstrate my interpersonal and technical abilities while breaking into the industry. I recently caught up with Joe Riggs to discuss his involvement in the sport as well as his upcoming main event fight at Stikeforce Playboy Mansion II on Septemeber 20, 2008.

Joe Riggs has been fighting professionally for the last 8 years. His deep skillset has allowed him to compete against top level competition in the largest fight promotions in the world including the UFC, WEC, K-1, ROTR, IFC, RITC, and Strikeforce. Riggs, who used to compete at Heavyweight, is now a contender in the middleweight and welterweight ranks.

8/22/2008


JK: How long have you been fighting and what brought you to the sport of Mixed Martial Arts?
JR: I've been fighting pro for 8 yrs. It has been something I wanted to since I was a child. I wrestling since I was 10 and boxed since I was 8. I was bred to do this.


JK: How did you get started with MMA Agents. What are some of the benefits you've realized having represenation?
JR: I had a friend who used to work with the organization. I've been represented for the last 2 yrs. Its always good to have someone on your side working for you so you can get more money for your fights as well as sponsorship deals. Represntation allows you to do your job and focus on fighting and training.


JK: Who is your next fight against and in what promotion?
JR: I am excited to be fighting against Kazuo Misaki in the main event for Strikeforce on September 20th at the Playboy Mansion.


JK: How did you get the nickname Diesel?
JR: Well, my last name is Riggs so Diesel came naturally.


JK: What is the most memorable match you've had?
JR: I have had 4 Fight of the Night awards in the UFC so it is hard to choose. I think it would have to be when I beat Nick Diaz at UFC 53.


JK: What are your top 3 favorite fights that you've seen?
JR: Spencer Fisher v Sam Stout (1).
Matt Hughes v Frank Trigg (2)
Tim Sylvia v Wesley Correira


JK: Do you have a favorite fighter?
JR: Jeremy Horn.


JK: What do you enjoy other than MMA and training?
JR: I enjoy spending time with my wife and 1yr old son as well as my father. I am very family oriented.


JK: Tell us something about you that most people don't know.
JR: If I didn't become a fighter I would probably have been a police officer.

JK: Thanks for your time. Good luck at Strikeforce on September 20, 2008 at the Playboy Mansion!
JR: Thank you!

Any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding this interview and future ones can be sent to Joe@mmaagents.com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home