Tuesday, September 02, 2008

10 Questions With Cyrille Diabaté (9/2/2008)


10 Questions With Cyrille Diabaté (by Darrick Patrick)

Cyrille "Snake" Diabaté is a professional mixed martial artist who has appeared in organizations such as PRIDE, ShoXC, Cage Rage, Real Rhythm, Extreme Force, DEEP, M-1 Mix-Fight Championship, 2 Hot 2 Handle, Rings, Cage Wars, and Golden Trophy.

Darrick: What was the road that led you to competing in professional mixed martial arts?

Cyrille: Long story! In short, like a lot of my fellow fighters, it started with a tough childhood. I had a lot of anger and energy to express. I started to train and fight in Muay Thai, kickboxing, and Savate - and I fell in love with those arts. MMA was the next logical step.

Darrick: Any words of advice for other individuals looking to train in MMA?

Cyrille: Take your time and choose wisely who your trainer is going to be. They will have a great impact on what kind of martial artist you become.

Darrick: What personally brings you the most fulfillment out of martial arts?

Cyrille: A sense of achievement and the feeling that I've become a better person.

Darrick: Who are some of the people that greatly influenced you while growing up?

Cyrille: My mother and grandfather. They both passed away when I was young and both stayed strong until the end, never complaining.

Darrick: What does a typical training session for you consist of?

Cyrille: There's not really a typical training session anymore. I've been training and fighting for seventeen years and if I get bored, I don't train as well! The length, content, and intensity varies a lot depending on my schedule and needs. I rely a lot more on experience and steady training than before.

Click here to read the rest of the article at Livejournal.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home