Thursday, September 04, 2008

Doghouse Boxing Interview with Joe "Diesel" Riggs

Originally posted by Matthew Degonzaque (Sept 2, 2008) Doghouse Boxing

Recently I was given the opportunity to give questions to Mixed Martial Arts veteran Joe “Diesel” Riggs (28-10). Riggs, a veteran of UFC, Strikeforce, WEC and Rage in the Cage, took time out of his busy schedule to answer my questions as he prepares for his September 20th fight against middleweight contender Kazuo Misaki (20-8-2) at the Strikeforce: At the Mansion II show.

Riggs talked about various topics including his toughest opponent, his feelings on his upcoming bout with Misaki, his decision to go down to 170lbs permanently, his relationship with Matt Hughes and his contract with Strikeforce.

I’d also like to thank Melissa Ingram, director of Media Relations for Ken Shamrock Entertainment, for helping me every step of the way with for this interview.

Matthew DeGonzaque: Joe thanks for giving me the opportunity to ask you these questions. How are you and how is training going?

Joe Riggs: No problem. I’m good, thanks. Training is going really well, I have some great guys helping me prepare for the fight.

MD: Joe, you’ve had many fights against some of the biggest names in the sport since you started fighting, who would you say has been your toughest opponent?

JR: I would have to say Nick Diaz.

MD: Your next fight is going to be against Kazuo Misaki on September 20th at Strikeforce: Playboy at the Mansion II how did the idea of you fighting Misaki coming about?

JR: They gave me a choice of a few opponents, Misaki was the biggest name. I want some big wins going into my next contract

Click here to read the rest of the interview at doghouseboxing.com.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home