Friday, September 26, 2008

EliteXC's Kelly Kobold plans to "win very decisively" over Gina Carano



Originally Posted on MMAjunkie.com

She may not be the "Face of Women's MMA," but Kelly Kobold (16-2-1) knows she belongs on the CBS broadcast of "EliteXC: Heat."

As Kobold told the media on Thursday's EliteXC conference call, she's been waiting.

"It's about damn time," Kobold said of the opportunity. "I've been held up with contract negotiations and with the collapse of Bodog(FIGHT). I've been held up and haven't been able to fight professionally other than exhibitions or grappling tournaments for over a year now. I'm finally excited to get back in there and do what I love to do."

Kobold will get her chance to do what she loves on Oct. 4. And due to the rising popularity of Kobold's opponent, Gina Carano, the Minnesota native will get to practice her passion under the bright lights of a national-television audience.

Kobold says she is unfazed by her opponent's popularity or the scale of the event.

"I'm grateful for the publicity, but it doesn't matter who's standing across the cage from me," Kobold explained. "I'm just grateful that I have a huge audience to perform in front of.

"It won't be my first fight in front of a large audience. So I don't think any pressure is going to be on me about that. I'm just looking to go out there and perform to the best of my abilities. I've not been known for boring fights, and this definitely won't be one of those boring fights."

True to her word, Kobold went undefeated through the first 17 bouts of her career. With one draw mixed in, Kobold earned eight submissions and six knockouts in her 16 victories.

Click here to read the entire article at MMAjunkie.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home