Thursday, April 09, 2009

Benji Radach Only Trains Part Time

Posted on BloodyElbow.com

From a recent interview we did with him:

Benji Radach: I work full time and train in the mornings and the nights just like I’m doing for this one, so it’s pretty hard. It’s a big feat to get wins over big guys when you are working full time, you know?

The MMA Fiend: Yeah, most guys at your level, training is all they do all day. I don’t even like getting up to run when I have to go to work that day, so I can only imagine what it takes to work full time and train at that level.

It really takes a fighter out of training, man, it’s really hard for me to do it anymore. I used to do it all the time when I was fighting in the UFC and stuff. I was an electrician and I trained at night, you know, and it just takes so much out of you that you don’t even really enjoy it anymore. You get burned out really fast. But I took this last two weeks off of work so that I could focus on training, so I should be good to go.

I actually did some work as an electrician for a while until I started electrocuting myself, and after a few times I figured it was best not to temp fate and find another line of work.

Yeah, I’ve been shocked a lot, man, that is for sure. I got burnt by 277 a little bit once, laying some light, and thank God - that stuff usually kills a lot of people, but luckily it didn’t end my life, thank God. But yeah, it’s dangerous, man, I had a couple close calls. I had 480 volts explode right in my face one time and got flash burns - it was pretty bad.

From TheMMAFiend.com

Click here to read the entire article at BloodyElbow.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home