Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Martin Kampmann: Fight Hype Interview

Originally posted on FightHype.com

"I'm glad I won, but I feel like there are a lot of things I could have done a lot better, but I wanted a more exciting fight. I'm happy the victory went my way, but there's a lot more I could have done. It just gives me more stuff to go back to the gym to work on," stated UFC welterweight Martin Kampmann as he talked about his win over Carlos Condit, his future plans and much more. Check it out!

PC: Congratulations on the win over Carlos Condit.

MK: Thanks!

PC: How do you feel about your performance my man?

MK: I'm glad I won, but I feel like there are a lot of things I could have done a lot better, but I wanted a more exciting fight. I'm happy the victory went my way, but there's a lot more I could have done. It just gives me more stuff to go back to the gym to work on.

PC: How is the weight cut to 170? You looked very comfortable at that weight.

MK: The weight cut is very easy. I'm still coming in kind of light for 70, so I'm working on putting more muscle on and getting used to fighting heavy. I'm not used to cutting weight. I'm still kind of new to it, so I'm learning all of the proper ways to do it still and I should have it down to a science this year.

PC: Condit was a top 10 welterweight, but we hadn't seen him in the UFC before your fight with him. Were you surprised at how tough he was?

MK: I knew he was tough. I was expecting a war. Like I said though man, it was a lot of stuff that I wanted to do differently. I didn't think my standup was all that well in that fight. I had been working on my wrestling a lot too and that worked well for me, so I was happy about that. I wanted to finish the fight and win decisively. I didn't want to win a split decision, even though that's a way to win and I'm happy it went my way. If we were to fight again, there is a lot of stuff that I would correct. We learn from our mistakes right?

*********

PC: Great fight. I thought you did what you had to do to pull it off in the 3rd. Is there anything you want to say in closing?

MK: I want to thank all of the fans for supporting me. I want to thank Hitman Fight Gear, MMA Agents and Xtreme Couture, and you for taking the time to speak with me.

Click here to read the entire article at FightHype.com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home