Monday, June 08, 2009

Joe Riggs Breaks Both Hands; Still Wants Shields


Originally posted on MMAweekly.com

In his dominating performance against Phil Baroni at Saturday night's Strikeforce event, Joe Riggs wasn't around to celebrate afterwards. He was off to the hospital with two broken hands.

You'd never have known it from the way he fought at the Scottrade Center, putting on a striking clinic against Baroni en route to a unanimous decision victory.

"Yeah, I broke both my hands again," he told interview Gus Johnson afterwards. But said he continued on because, "I got a family to support. I got a wife and a baby, I gotta work hard."

Even with two broken hands, Riggs was already pushing for another opponent, the man he was originally supposed to have fought on Saturday night.

"I want Jake Shields. I don't want to be disrespectful to him any more; he's a tough fighter. But yeah, I'd like to fight Jake Shields."

Click here to read the entire article at MMAweekly.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home