Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Rogers Looking to Open Doors with Win over Arlovski

TheTandD.com

Brett Rogers has quit his day job.

That means two things. One, folks in St. Paul, Minn., are now without their favorite 6-5, 265-pound Mohawk sporting Sam’s Club tire tech. Two, Rogers – who finished Abongo Humphrey off with a second-round TKO via knees in his last fight, on Strikeforce’s April 11 card on Showtime — has turned his attention fully to the world of MMA, where he sports a 9-0 record.

“Right after the Abongo fight I was pretty much done with the 40-hours per week thing and then trying to train,” Rogers said after a training session Saturday. “I flipped the script and put all my time into the gym. I do two-hour sessions, and I try to break it down to three times a day.”

With his three kids and a few small cousins playing in the background on what Rogers called “a nice Minnesota day,” the up-and-coming heavyweight explained the tire tech job was a way to help make ends meet between fights. It was also inspiration.

“I knew I was going to make (MMA) happen,” he said. “One way or the other, I was going to make this happen. I was going to go out there and knock people out. I knew this was the easy way to get out of that working world and open up other doors. Fighting isn’t forever, but the money that comes along with it, I can invest it in something else, and I don’t have to worry about somebody else telling me what to do, what time I have to be there and all that there, so I have got to make it work.”

Click here to read the entire article at TheTandD.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home