Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Razor’s Edge: Rob McCullough’s MMA Blog (July 22)

July 22nd, 2008, 5:24 pm · Post a Comment · posted by Carlos Arias

BLOG NO. 3

I’m starting to realize my life just isn’t as normal as I thought it was.

Maybe, because I have to sit here and write down everything it makes me think about it all.

I mean, this week my boy (Quinton) “Rampage” (Jackson) had some issues. I’m still trying to deal with the loss of a baby and now my girlfriend and I have to keep it all together to train for my upcoming fight.

Life is weird. It really is what you make it though.

I’ve been training hard for my upcoming fight Sept. 10. My buddy, Jason “Mayhem” Miller, and his boy, Ryo Chonan, came in this week to train with us at H.B. Ultimate Training Center. It was a good mix of high-level fighters to train with.

One of my training partners, Zach Lyte, who is one of Rampage’s coaches, is preparing for his fight so he has been staying at my pad and we’ve been doing two-a-day training sessions, which includes a 3-mile jog at 10 a.m. Then we do stretching and Jiu-Jitsu, lunch, weightlifting and then relax until we go back at 6 p.m. to do either MMA sparring or mit work, Thai pads or focus mitts. He has been a great motivater and has really helped to get my mind off of everything else but training.

We went to the Affliction fights on Saturday night at the Honda Center. With a packed arena, the fights kind of just went by fairly quick with a pretty desecent card. I thought Fedor (Emelianenko) smashing Tim Sylivia in 36 seconds of the first round was the most exciting of the fights.Well, back to the gym for me and then getting RAZORCLOTHING gear all shipped out. Until next week.

-Razor Rob

Check out Razor Rob’s clothing line at razorclothing.tv and check out his gym at hbutc.com.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home